Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Dublin.

Now onto one of my favourite destinations!



Dublin was so lovely. First of all, I love all of the red pubs all around. It is exactly what I pictured to see in Ireland! Our first day, we arrived around 12:30 PM, so once again we only had a few hours of daylight. We checked out the main tourist streets in Dublin which were chalk full of awesome shops and restaurants. We had burritos at a place called 'Little Ass Burritos' which was probably the cheapest place to eat in Dublin at 7 euros per burrito. Not too bad. The burritos were stuffed up huge and delicious. We then found an incredible book store! It was 4 stories tall and so magical inside, especially being near Christmas time. I could have spent hours and hours in there. I found a Mad Max comic book for Tim, which I gave him for Christmas! It was perfect :) The streets grew dark and the Christmas lights came on! We didn't spend too much time out that night. We ended up going to one of these traditional red pubs for pizza, so that was a fun experience.

The next morning we got up bright and early before the sun to head to Howth, the island peninsula where you can find the cliffside walks.

We hopped on the DART train at Connelly Station and took that for about 40 minutes. the ride was breathtaking. It was a cloudy day, so that made it even better!




Howth was made up of ports, sail boats, fish & chips and colorful houses! I felt like I was in a mini-version of San Francisco which, of course, made my heart scream with joy! Think of the most quaint little Irish seaside village that you can imagine, and that is Howth.

We walked along the road and made our way up the hill to the trail. Then we were treated to this...


How is this real?
 

I feel like Gandalf should be rising up over those stone steps any minute....or perhaps.....Luke Skywalker? ;)
 
 

My favourite human!!! <3

We walked along these cliffs for quite some time. If I had it my way, I would have ditched all the other sights to spend every second of my day on those cliffs. Oh, and you better believe we practiced our heel clicking! 

When we got back into Dublin, we wanted to see the Trinity library. What we didn't know is that you had to pay 10 Euros to see it. So lame....it's a library in a college? But the college campus was pretty posh and I'm sure anyone would feel like a boss attending there. 




St. Patrick's Cathedral! I loved this place. The grounds were beyond green and I love the stone cathedral. 
 

The Dublin castle!

We made one last stop at Little Ass Burrito and then we bought some souvenirs. I bought a really nice hoodie, a magnet for my mom and a pair of Birkenstocks for a fraction of the U.S. price! I was so excited about those :) 

Unfortunately, our time in Dublin was scarce and we had to catch our last flight home. I absolutely must go back to Ireland, and explore the whole country some day!


No comments:

Post a Comment