Tuesday, November 3, 2015

FREEZING.

It is so difficult to even want to go outside because it is so. Dang. Cold. All the time. I dread every morning when I have to wake up at 9:30 to walk down the block to breakfast. It's only October. It's been about 30 degrees in the mornings (give or take a few) but the humidity is so high that it makes the cold just bone-chilling. Just to go to breakfast, I have to put on my fleece leggings, jeans, sweater, fleece sweater, winter coat AND my scarf (which I wrap half around my head like a babushka.) I am terrified for winter and SNOW because I don't know how many more layers I can pile on, and this is the warmest coat I have, so I'm hoping it will do the job. Nice, warm coats are expensive here. Mine was on the cheaper side and it was 50 euros. Most nice winter coats here are up around 200 euros. If I lived in Salt Lake, or a place that actually has a winter, I would splurge on a nice, expensive coat. But living in St. George, I can't really justify it because I would never use something like that in St. George :/ 


My debit card finally arrived. I have been without it for a month now. It has been so stressful! My credit card doesn't have a chip, so most places here won't accept it. And I can't use my credit card to withdraw money from the ATM. So I have had to purchase things on my credit card for the other girls, and have them pay me in cash. It has just been a real pain. But it feels so good to finally have it back! I still have no idea where that card ended up. It could be anywhere by now. 
Saffron gave me the last of her maple almond butter (which I have never tasted before) and I am obsessed now. It is so amazing. I messaged my mom the next day and asked her to send me two jars of it. Plus some Mac n' Cheese, cocoa powder and Rolos so I can make Rolo cookies for Christmas :) I am already tempted to start listening to Christmas music. It just feels like it comes with the cold weather. 
My program director comes to Vilnius next week. I'm pretty nervous. He will come to check out the school and see how teaching is going. 
Sorry I don't have many photos to post right now! Not much has happened this week. Just been sick in bed :p 

Hope everyone is well!

No comments:

Post a Comment