Saturday, November 28, 2015

Vienna.

We didn't have much time in Vienna, unfortunately :( I really love Vienna, and had a lot of fun when I came here 2 years ago. Since the sun goes down at 4:30 now, we just had hardly any day light to see the palaces and all of the pretty sights. We ended up arriving already after dark, so we grabbed some dinner at a mexican shop which was super delicious and had really great guacamole! Then we all showered and just settled into the hostel and had a good night's rest. We had our own room for the 7 of us, and our own bathroom so it was SO great! I slept so dang good in that hostel.

The next morning, we started off by going to the Schonbrunn palace, a ways outside of the city center.





The Schonbrunn palace itself was nice, but I just really loved the grounds in the back! The trees were very yellow and there was a nice hill to climb up with ponds and pretty structures all around. We had a lot of fun just throwing leaves and climbing up the hillside.



After Schonbrunn, we headed back into the center to see the cathedrals and palaces. I also snagged one two Kasekrainer sausages because they are so yummy.


St. Stephen's Cathedral. 


Hofburg Palace


The Rathaus (town hall)


Even though we didn't have much time, I had a really great time in Vienna! If you'd like to watch my Vienna video, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment