Saturday, November 28, 2015

Prague.

WOO WEE! This was over a month ago. Let's see how well I can remember :)
Our first day in Prague didn't start out so well. There was a bit of a communication error when Madison typed in the name of our hostel on her navigation. Turns out there are 2 different "Arpacay hostels" but we wanted the "Arpacay backpacker's hostel" and I didn't know there were two options, so I just confirmed it was the first one without checking. Oops! So as we were heading along, I kept thinking "we should be hitting the bridge by now and crossing it. It's only supposed to take 45 minutes to walk there." Well an hour later I asked her if I could check the navigation, and we were indeed, heading the wrong way. My backpack was so heavy and Saffron & I were about to keel over at that point. We finally made it to the hostel after about an hour and a half and I was exhausted. Luckily the day was just starting, so we were able to rest for a bit. We had breakfast at the hostel which was quite positively delicious with a lot of different breads, cheeses and yogurts with many different granolas to choose from.
We started out by having a Trdelnik next door. Trdelnik's are these spiral cinnamon cylindrical snacks that they sometimes stuff with cream, strawberries, or chocolate. They are quite lovely. We walked up to the palace on the hill and watched the soldiers march and the switching of the guards.




Afterward, went to the Gingerbread museum. They had a lot of adorable little gingerbread treats. I bought a little gingerbread lady but realized at that moment, that I don't really like gingerbread that much. So I had one bite and let my friends finish it. We then headed down to the John Lennon wall. I love it there.




Katie's piece. She's a super great artist! 




We then had dinner at a Vietnamese restaurant called Neb.o which was SO GOOD! I got beef pad thai of course. And this Raspberry lemonade :) 


The next day, we just wandered a lot. We played dress up and got some vintage photos taken.





We found this sculpture. Apparently, some art students from the university made this. It's 2 men peeing on top of a pond that is shaped like the Czech Republic. Sort of ironic. Bahahah!




The beautiful Charles Bridge! 


St. Vitus cathedral. A lot of people think this is the Prague castle, but it is not. The castle isn't as impressive, if you ask me. 


Playing with swans.


After we explored all day, we had dinner at this Vegan restaurant. It was called LoVeg. It was so good! I've only had Vegan food a few times in my life, at Courtney's house since her mom is Vegan! I got a coconut curry that was TO DIE FOR. I'm not kidding. Saffron got a quesadilla that was made with cashew cheese! I didn't even know there was such a thing. So cool. Back at the hostel, I decided to venture down to the common room to write on the guest wall. Surprisingly, I found my note that I had written when I stayed there 2 years ago! That was super cool to see.

Prague was super lovely and will always be one of my most favourite cities in Europe!

If you'd like to watch my video of Prague, please click here. It's super happy and fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment