Sunday, August 23, 2015

One Of My Favourite Families



I have MISSED my host family so much. Tonight, Jolita invited me over for dinner and I have been looking forward to it all week. Living in a host family was one of the best experiences of my entire life so far, and I am quite sad that I don't have the opportunity to do it again this time around. But I am comfortable in the apartment and I'm surrounded by lovely ladies, so it's okay with me :) 

Dinner took longer to cook than they expected, so we chatted for about an hour. They remodeled their home quite a lot! It looks so different than before. They just finished hosting a married couple this summer, so they wanted to take a break from hosting (unfortunately for me. I would be ecstatic to stay with them again.) Since dinner did take longer than expected, we started with dessert. Fine by me :) Jolita purchased a cake from the store and we had coffee to pair with it. The cake was like a cream cake with curd (cottage cheese.) It was good enough to have 3 slices, haha! For dinner she made the yummiest meatballs, cauliflower mash and salad. She had a pitcher of water on the table, but I thought it was strange because there were rocks in the bottom of the pitcher. She told me it was Amber, and she puts it in there to soften the water, because Lithuanian water doesn't taste very good? Haha. It didn't make a difference to me :p Thought it was interesting though. 

It was so lovely sitting around a table with them again and chatting about everything. They asked about my family, my job, teaching, Tim, the traveling I want to do, my future plans. I love talking with Jolita and Arturis because they are so interested in every detail. My heart just felt so full, like it could burst with happiness at any moment. I just felt a very genuine love and friendship that I have been longing to feel since I have been here. I seriously just keep smiling while writing this because I feel so good inside right now. 

After dinner, we went on a walk to a really nice lake. They showed me a good beach area to swim. I can't wait to take my teachers there before the hot days are over! 

I live for evenings like this. Before I left, Tim's family had invited me over for dinner a few different times, and I loved being a part of it. His mother is very sweet and family-oriented. We would all just talk and talk and eat good food and enjoy each other's company. It always brought me so much happiness. I love being able to connect with people. 

Let's just say, I'll probably be going over to Jolita's quite often from here on out :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment