Sunday, August 16, 2015

Saturday & Sunday.


Katie, Saffron & McCall


Madi, Annie & Rebecca






Pilies Gatve (Castle Street)



Cathedral Square




Saturday was stressful...until the evening when we went in to Old Town and played. Saturday morning, we moved from our temporary apartment into the permanent one across from the school. It's...not so nice. It is so so dirty and I don't even want to go into the kitchen ever because it is just yucky. I bought some paper towels because all I have been using to dry my hands so far have been my clothes (God knows I won't be touching those hand towels. They smell!) I have been needing to do some laundry but we can't do it until after 8pm and I forgot to do some last night after we got home. 

After we moved into the apartment and unpacked, we went over to the school and unpacked all of our supplies. My girls are exceptional when it comes to supplies! They are so awesome! They brought LOADS of stuff. Like, so much stuff we were hardly able to fit it all. Everything is over flowing! I love it. After that we headed back home to work on lesson plans. I took each girl aside and helped them plan out some lessons. I attempted to teach them the previous day, but I realized that none of them knew how to. This concerned me! They all told me that in training, they still never even really understood how to actually make the lesson plans. I couldn't do it on the spot, because I felt like I forgot everything! So I went home that night and stayed up until 4am and made out 3 separate lesson plans. After I wrote the first one, it was super easy! It all came back to me! Hopefully they'll be able to pick it up easily, and after the first week, it'll be a breeze! :) They're doing great. We haven't actually started teaching yet, but we do tomorrow and I am slightly nervous. But hey, it's the first day and all. Nothing will go as planned. Hahaha.

After we spent a couple of hours on lesson plans, we headed into Old Town. By this point I just felt done and wanted to get out! We just wandered all around and got some dinner at Wok to Walk. It's like a Thai fast food chain here in the Baltics. It was absolutely delicious! I got egg noodles, Beef, and Peanut Butter Coconut sauce! So so good. We went to Cathedral square, Pilies Gatve and then to the Central Park. There was a lovely little fountain show and the weather was just perfect. So nice and cool. I love Vilnius.

This morning, I woke up fairly earlier than I would have liked, and cleaned up my room a bit. I showered (much needed) actually did my make-up for once in 5 days, and walked down to Maxima to get breakfast. I had grapes, fresh bread, yogurt & apple juice. Excellent. And purchased some actual shampoo, conditioner and soap. Now I have more than just the travel sizes I brought :p
I sat on this little bench and had my breakfast in the breeze, and soaked in the morning. It was nice to go on a little solo walk for a bit. Now I'm just in my room getting very tired again. I am going to ride with the girls to church at 2 so I can pick up my towel that I left at the other apartment, since it's over that way. Then while they're at church I'll probably just come home and nap!

First day of school is tomorrow. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment