Sunday, August 23, 2015

Trakai.




















I absolutely loved this day. We met up with the girls from the Kaunas school and with Dima and his family. Dima helped us buy bus tickets to Trakai, which were maybe 1,80 Euros one way. And the ride was about 30 minutes long. Can't beat that :)

We arrived around 1:00 and I felt a little overwhelmed. Us 7 plus the 4 Kaunas girls plus Dima's family of 4. I just didn't know how to manage everyone. So I thought it best if we just split up and met up at a certain point at a certain time. I felt bad because I wanted to get to know the Kaunas girls, but we all sort of separated and they stayed with their group and I stayed with mine. I also wanted to spend the day with Dima's family as well, but he also sort of went off and did his own thing with his family. He tried to get a boat for us, but not all of us could fit so I wasn't sure what to do. I felt bad because Dima wanted us to all go on this outing together so we can get to know each other, but it just didn't happen that way unfortunately. The Kaunas girls seemed really nice though!

Annie, Madison, McCall & I went to a pizzeria and had yummy pizza. I ordered a huge thing of still water but it actually ended up being sparkling water. I tried it anyway and it wasn't too bad. But it wasn't refreshing like I wanted. And quite bitter. so I only had about one glass and was finished.
After lunch, we decided we wanted to find a boat. We thought about renting a row boat, but as we walked outside, a cute little sailor gentleman asked if we would like to sail. It was 30 Euros for 40 minutes. So we put some money together and took the offer! It was very very relaxing and lovely! Our captain was half Polish/half Lithuanian. He didn't talk much, but he did tell us that the castle was 1,407 years old! Wow!

We sailed around the castle in pure bliss and then we said farewell to our friend and went on a hunt for ice cream. We found a stand and I had some cookie ice cream. It was then about time to meet back up with the group, so we went to the meeting place and waited. It was a very easy, relaxing day. On our way home, we were all exhausted. We had planned to go to the festival in Old Town Vilnius that evening, but it was sort of unanimous that we just all wanted to stay home and rest. I watched 'The Proposal' and 'Dinner for Schmucks' and laughed my head off.

This morning, I met up with Saffron to go to the Akropolis mall again. She needed to buy some necessities at the Hyper Maxima (the Wal-mart, basically.) I went with her, while the other girls went to church! I love hanging out with Saffron because we are very similar. She is such a sweetheart. We got what we needed, and I also purchased a large purse. I didn't bring one due to space issues in my suitcase. We went to Coffee Inn (FAVOURITE) and I got a peppermint mocha and we just sipped and talked :) It was very nice.

Tonight I am going over to Jolita's (previous host family's) house for dinner! I am so excited to see them!

It's been a nice weekend :)

No comments:

Post a Comment