Thursday, August 13, 2015

Welcome Home?

I AM HERE! I have re-entered my favorite place :) It was so good to walk out of the airport and smell that cigarette filled air. Memories came flooding back.

I flew over with Annie, one of the gals from my group. She's darling! We flew from Las Vegas to Chicago first and that flight was super uncomfortable. Come on United, figure it out..

Then we flew over to Vienna from Chicago. That flight was surprisingly nice! I took some Z-Quil to knock out, and it worked! I slept almost the whole flight, and also watched Kingsman, one of the best movies ever! They fed us dinner and lunch and tons of drinks. We had pasta with veggies and salad, a roll, and chocolate mousse. I though it was nummy. And then later they gave us a turkey and cheese panini which was to die for. I loved it. Passport control was an absolute breeze in Vienna. Literally 2 people in our line, walked up, stamped my passport, and no questions asked. Our flight to Vilnius was nice and quick. I listened to my new music and enjoyed the countryside views. I had butterflies looking down below as I remembered my first time here. How surreal it was. And this time, it was like coming back home. Of course, St. George is my home, but I feel a very strong connection to Lithuania.

Dima picked us up and we went to McDonald's and I got a chicken sandwich and, of course, a Sprite with no ice. Ugh. I forgot about the ice. I love all of my drinks ice ice cold! Dima brought me to the temporary apartment on the other side of town (where we will stay until the weekend when the Summer teachers will move out of our apartment by the school.) and I'm like "Dang, I wish we could live here the whole semester. This apartment is posh!" Our apartment by the school is a wee bit ghetto. But I'm still excited to live there :) I napped a bit, showered, and waited for Dima to arrive with the other girls coming at 5:30. They didn't arrive until about 7:45, which gave me a fright. I wasn't sure how to get a hold of them either. But when they walked through the door, all was well :)
I skyped with Tim for a little bit, and then McCall, Katie & I walked down to the Rimi supermarket to buy something for dinner. I decided on pasta with Mascarpone sauce, broccoli, peaches ANDDDDD my favorite CHEESECAKE BARS! It's been 2 flipping years until I have had one and I was in absolute bliss biting into this one again! AH!

Now I've just been at home putting together some crafts to decorate our classrooms while watching "Wild." Such a phenomenal film.

I haven't taken hardly ANY photos. What's wrong with me? I started making a departure video, which started with me filming stuff up until I got to the airport in Vegas, then I didn't bring my camera out ONCE along the way :( I've been stressed worrying about all six girls plus myself arriving safely and timely. Not to mention all of the meetings and trainings I have to hold within the next 3 days, and then starting teaching on Monday! Yikes! It's going to be absolutely nuts. But I am excited and....let's just say I'm already looking forward to next weekend because we will probably go to Trakai (the lake with the Medieval castle) or maybe go swimming at the lake :) I'll hopefully take some photos tomorrow! Hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment